cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously miss sold a new contract

Johnpitt2
Tuning in

My contract was due to expire on the 26th March 2024. I was offered a new quote the price seemed reasonable and agreed to it until I realised my current contract had been cancelled immediately losing a whole month of football. Having decided this is not what I wanted. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a resolution so within the new contract 14 day cooling off period I decided to cancel the deal and any future contract but I have been stonewalled and insulted. I love Virgin Media and have never been treated like this before I’m hard hearing and I have been left with anxiety.

kind regards

John

8 REPLIES 8

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Johnpitt2,
Thanks for your post 😊 I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your contract negotiations. When you were sent your new contract to review, did you accept this? What do you mean by missing a month of football? Is this due to your new deal not having sports on there?
Thanks.
Zoie

Thank you for your prompt reply. My contract was £75 with TNT football included and was due to increase to £97 in late March but with the new contract the football was omitted and the proposed price was £79. I feel the price in increase in April was the reason for being bounced into the new contract. Yes I did accept the contract initially but almost immediately I tried in vain to cancel and operatives were passing me from department to another with one operative saying why do want to leave you have the right price and promptly disconnected me. I’m not bothered about the football. I love Virgin Media and the quality of service provided on the ground.  I thought the price of the new contract was a little high then with the April price increase it became a non starter. I want to stay with  Virgin Media. Please help me.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. The reason TNT Sports would have been omitted is due to it no longer being included in any of our bundles. It is an add on service for which you'd pay an extra charge for. When accepting any new deals, unless there is an install needed or you're removing a service then it would start with immediate effect. I can only apologise if this wasn't explained to you at the time of your renewal. 

Can you let us know what you're wanting to do? Are you just wanting to go back to your original package and price, looking for a new deal or looking to cancel the services? Let us know and we'll do our best to support you from here. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Johnpitt2 wrote:

My contract was £75 with TNT football included

If you were on a (now legacy) Maxit package, this had TNT Sports inclusive. Any change to your package would have meant moving you to the (current equivalent) Mega TV-tier instead. This is the same, except that TNT Sports is no-longer inclusive and is a chargeable premium add-on in the same way that Sky Sports & Sky Cinema are.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply Kath_F
I want to keep the new package but at £75 and no price increase in April. The forum is amazing.

Kind regards

John

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Johnpitt2 wrote:

My contract was due to expire on the 26th March 2024. I was offered a new quote the price seemed reasonable and agreed to it until I realised my current contract had been cancelled immediately losing a whole month of football. Having decided this is not what I wanted. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a resolution so within the new contract 14 day cooling off period I decided to cancel the deal and any future contract but I have been stonewalled and insulted. I love Virgin Media and have never been treated like this before I’m hard hearing and I have been left with anxiety.

kind regards

John

I think you may struggle - check your contract and recent bills, but there's a very good chance you didn't have a "£75 package", but a more expensive one (£97??) with a (£22/month??) discount.

On that basis, you have two options..

1: Continue on legacy Maxit to retain inclusive TNT Sports, but accept the loss of discount thus full price.

2: Accept a new time-limited discount, but that comes with migration to a current-TV tier, meaning loss of inclusive TNT Sports. Those channels are normally £18/month, so you should target a discount of at least that amount to justify the change.

Any new package you take now, should be immune from the 2024 increase but will have one in April 2025 & April 2026.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you japitts your information is correct I’m happy if I can agree £75 for the new package and no increase in the cost for 2024

regards John

Hi Johnpitt2,

Thank you for reaching back out, we will be more than happy to have a look into this for you, please look out for the white envelope to join me in a private chat.

Regards

Paul.