cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOS] [Please Help] Virgin mix up Notice of leaving and 30-day early termination, and keep charging me

Chun
On our wavelength

My contact is 18-month ended on 22/3/2024.
The T&Cs says: ...If you want us to stop providing the services at the end of your minimum period you will need to give us at least 30 days’ notice...

Relevant post in this forum:https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/EXACTLY-30-days-notice-no-more-no-less/m-p/400665...

Therefore, on 5/2/2024 from 16:10 - 18:33, I contacted Vigin online CS and said I'll stay with Virgin until the contract end date. I also clarified with the staff that it's not early cancellation, no EDF, no contract extension, reject their offers and tell them I'll change service provider (I'm using new ISP w.e.f 23/3). 

Right after this conversation, at 18:49 Virgin sent me a disconnection confirmation email to me:
Subject: Disconnecting your Virgin Media services
Content: ... We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving us on Fri 22 Mar. As a last hurrah, we want to make sure your disconnection is as smooth as possible...

No further email from Virgin since then.

But on 24/3, I noticed that they already charged me £79.20 for 23/3 - 22/4.
I sent an email to them to report the issue immediately.
However, after back-and-forth emails and a conversation on WhatsApp (They approached me), they keep asking me to contact them for new offers and claiming that: ...Upon checking your account, I can see that there was a disconnection booked and later it was cancelled on the same day as you was not satisfied providing the 30days notice. Hence the service remains active and you will continue to be billed....

It's not true. On 5/2, I spent a lot of time clarifying the notice and place a leaving notice. Clearly the staff understand that, and hence they sent me the disconnection confirmation email (...We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving us on Fri 22 Mar...)
22/3 is the end of my contract.
I also told them I'll change service provider (and now using the new ISP since 23/3 -  I'm determined to leave, never change my mind, so I never cancel the scheduled disconnection). 
If they think on 5/2 it was a 30-day early termination, then email should say ...We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving us on 4 Mar... and send me a bill for Early termination fee
If the scheduled disconnection was cancelled, why there's not any cancellation email from Virgin?
Can you see the contradiction here?

Two days ago (2/4), the CS approached me via WhatsApp, saying the same things, and 
...I do understand that, as you request not to disconnect due to the early disconnection fee will be apply on the account, the agent cancelled the disconnection request...
I asked when and which staff cancel it? They didn't answer my question, then mentioned:
final bill is £0 and also you will receive a refund of £47.98 on 22/05/2024
and soon they ended the conversation and went to questionnaire session.

3/4 They send me an email - Your Virgin Media bill is ready (£84.74 for 23/4 - 22/5)

4/4 today Latest reply from Virgin: ...as investigated I can see that the disconnection request has been taken and will get fully disconnected on 2/05/24 and post the disconnection you will receive the final bill...

Please HELP!! 
The disconnection should have been done on 22/3.
I've packed all Vigin stuff, waiting for their return packaging, and using new ISP w.e.f. 23/3
All I request is fully refund and stop the new bill.
They always ignore the facts I mentioned on my every emails, never answer my questions, only provide wrong solution - Charge me again and again after 22/3.

Buddies, How do you feel? I'm worried and nervous when read their email repeating the same thing without answering my questions and charge me again and again. Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do before going to Ombudsman?

05.02.2024 Virgin disconnection confirmation email.png

20 REPLIES 20

Chun
On our wavelength

Hi Alex, thanks for the message and look forward to your advice.