cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR request

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Good afternoon,

On the 2nd May I sent an SAR request which was acknowledged by your support team.

Legally, you had a month to respond and this effectively expired on 2nd June.

I haven't heard anything back and it's now the 5th June.

I would appreciate an update and a reason as to why you have failed in your legal obligations.

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Probably because the office processing these continues to be hopelessly understaffed as it isn't seen as a revenue generating unit https://ico.org.uk/media/about-the-ico/documents/4021725/virgin-media-limited-letter.pdf

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Blakey47,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're waiting to hear back regarding a SAR that you submitted. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Number-6
On our wavelength

Of course as well as responding to Zach, do also please report this to the ICO, the appropriate information is here

As they say, they do have the power to take legal action against companies, but this is reserved for serious cases. But the more people that report VM’s somewhat ‘cavalier’ attitude to the law, the more the pressure will be on the ICO to make an example of someone with a truly eye-watering fine!