cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset password not working

Sick0f1t
Joining in

Experiencing the same problem - trying to reset the password to a new account and when the 8th character is input a "Strength Invalid" message appears in red no matter what the combination of alternatives, etc. Incredibly frustrating, compounded by the fact that I waited in for a new box to be delivered yesterday which failed to arrive. I'm awaiting any kind of support as at the moment I'm keen to cancel my contract if this is the poor level of usability and support available from Virgin.

6 REPLIES 6

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sick0f1t 

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues changing your password.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to try using an alternative browser, or clearing the cache on the browser you're using to see if this can help resolve this issue?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sick0f1t
Joining in

Hi Ayisha

I've been trying to set up the new password on my phone following the reset password email from Virgin. It is an email I've got linked to a different account at a separate property so I'm unsure if that is a problem. But from the comments in the forum it seems like a common glitch as people are experiencing the reset password issue in exactly the same way with the "Strength Invalid" message on the 8th character input.

Thanks for confirming this @Sick0f1t 

When you see the 'Strength invalid' error, is this when you submit the password to be reset or when you are entering in the password? If not, what happens when you submit to rest with your new password?

Ensure that the full password meets all the below criteria:

•  Be between 8-64 characters.
•  Must start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  Special characters are allowed but not required (e.g. ! # % & @).
•  Cannot contain easy to guess words, usernames, or previously used passwords.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

Thanks for getting back to me. The "Strength Invalid" message always appears on the input of the 8th character to try to put in a new password. I've definitely been following all of the above instructions (it's fairly standard procedure across any password setting) and I've entered multiple variations of a new password in an attempt to reset it. But because the error message comes up after the 8th character in the first box, it won't let me type anything at all into the 2nd box to "confirm the new password." There is no way to progress to submit anything at all.

As stated previously, this problem isn't unique to me or my devices as there are multiple reports of it in exactly the same way in the forum going back a considerable amount of time and that's obviously only the customers who've taken the time to register into the forum in an attempt to get it solved. The frustration is obvious and numerous customers have said that as an ongoing issue it really ought to have been resolved by now as it's critical to our ability to be able to engage with our accounts.

Thank you for letting me know and trying this @Sick0f1t 

Let's investigate this further at our side and if needed we can raise an IT ticket so they can resolve if I have been unable to.

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

gn27
Joining in

Use an incognito browser window and it should work.
Not sure why VM haven't figured this out.