cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refusal to adress complaint

Joec2
Joining in

Since March this year I have been trying to reduce my bill as I found it unaffordable, repeatedly I have been told that I had to pay the outstanding bill to be able to reduce my future bills as its 'company policy' that you can't reduce bills with a balance on your account, but the bills kept coming and there was only a few days a month at most when I'd managed to catch up, I tried online to change my package and it just led me to WhatsApp chat, which was then upto 5 hours a time just to get to speak to someone, and then if I hadn't replied within 5 minutes they'd simply close the conversation and I'd have to start all over again. Leaving me still on a package I couldn't afford and repeating the cycle again and again with virgin suspending my services for over 60 days in this period (I am disabled and a carer so this left us without Internet which is necessary to get most things done these days) while still charging me the full amount. I have been through virgin media's complaints team and they seem to have no idea how to communicate with each other or give a response to the actual complaint. Instead they keep saying thier resolution is for me to start another contract which is £5 more a month than the one I was trying to reduce. Every time I tell them that doesn't deal with my complaint (the complaint being that I should have been pushed into financial difficulties due to having to pay unaffordable bills since March even though I asked to change package and that I have paid for over 2 months of absolutely zero service) I have asked them for a deadlock letter as they won't give me any realistic resolution and they ignore this too. Instead they just repeat that they can sign me up to a more expensive 18 month contract.....what am I supposed to do?

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Joec2 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and experience with our team and your current package, I can understand how frustrating this must have been. 

I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.