cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I made a manual payment for my bill before due date, but the DD was still taken. How do i get a refund?

MB2024
Joining in

Hi Steven,

A similar thing has happened to me.  I received my final bill/closing bill amount online and as im closing my broadband/leaving virgin media.  As the requested amount had not been taken by direct debit for quite a while i paid the full amount with my bank card but ive also had the same amount taken by direct debit and i dont know how to get this amount back of £29.74 that ive now been double charged.   I also dont know if i should cancel my direct debit to prevent any more money being taken by accident or if i need to leave this direct debit alone so my money can be returned.  My router equipment has been returned.

Please help as i really could do with this money because cost of living times are tight.  I can discuss more via DM if needed.

kind regards

MB2024

4 REPLIES 4

MB2024
Joining in

Hi Please help,

I received my final bill/closing bill amount online as im closing my broadband/leaving virgin media.  As the requested amount for the closing bill had not been taken by direct debit for quite a while i paid the full amount with my debit card but ive also today had the same amount taken by direct debit and i dont know how to get this amount back of £29.74 that ive now been double charged.   I also dont know if i should cancel my direct debit to prevent any more money being taken by accident or if i need to leave this direct debit alone so my money can be returned.  My router equipment has been returned and confirmed returned.

Please help refund this "double billed money" as i really could do with this money because cost of living times are tight.  I can discuss more via DM if needed.

kind regards

MB2024

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most likely is your next months Direct Debit will be reduced by the amount of overpayment. The Direct Debits are processed at least 5 days before they are due, but can be recalled by the originator, unfortunately VM do not use this mechanism when a manual payment has been made.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ive left virgin media from 24th January 2024 when my broadband was turned off, there should not be another bill.  The Closing bill was for £29.74 which i paid by debit card as the amount was not being taken by direct debit and the bill online just kept saying pay now.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MB2024 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about what's happened 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel