cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Pull

Ollysmethurst51
Joining in

The worst service i have ever had to deal with.

First Signed up to virgin media after the ground works were completed down the street where i live. Waited for the “virgin media is outside you property letter” signed up on 26th January for the installation to be completed and go live on the 6th February (impressed so far with speed of the installation) Contractor turned up and installed the box at the most convenient place for them to install, didn’t inform me they were outside my property and where i would like the box to be installed. I only noticed they had been because they have put 3 empty rolls (300m worth, 10m were used at most for my installation.) in my skip and left without me even knowing they had been. Contacted them to ask them to move the box “we will call you back in 24 hours”… still waiting for that phone call. Pre Pull team were supposed to turn up to blow the fibre from their box to my property (didn’t see anybody before the 6th) so got put back the 12 Feb then 16th Feb, 27th Feb, 11th March, now 22nd March. Each time i ring to find out why. I get told “heavy equipment required” “council permit wasn’t submitted on time” “car outside no. 46 so couldn’t pull in” “blockage outside no. 46” (day later the blockage miraculously was fixed so I’m told.. must have fixed itself.) now 2 blockages. Each time i ring i get fed constant lies and excuses to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. I have submitted a official complaint.. still waiting for a phone call to resolve it. Ask to speak to a manager…. All of them are either in a meeting or not working. One representative told me to go buy a dongle to allow me temporary internet until the blockage is resolved, with no actual answer on when it will be done. The same team come attend 2 days before, carry out the exact same job and tell me “oh there is a blockage” a actual virgin media employee turned up once to pull the fibre in and didn’t have any equipment to do the job.. so left. I rang virgin to ask why they sent out someone without the right equipment they said “they will send a expert technician out” so i said “where the others not experts” he responded “they are moderate technicians” i laughed. Oh i am still waiting for the “expert technician” to turn up. Another virgin representative contacted me on a Friday to go through the same old “is anyone vulnerable in your home etc. etc.” then Monday comes round he contacts me again to say there will be a delay on the install to which i replied “ put me though to a manger.. NOW!” He goes off the phone for 5 mins, comes back on the phone to say there will not be a delay on the installation he was got the wrong account (as the start of the phone call he confirmed it was me, my address, even said there are 2 blockages at my address) so how did he get the wrong account. Now waiting until the 22nd March because virgin can’t give me any more information until the pre pull date has been and gone. So I won’t be holding my breath. Not 1 team has ever turned up in the whole time I’ve been waiting to do any digging to clear any blockages. 

SORT IT OUT!

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ollysmrthurst51, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. 

Whilst we're not able to expedite things from here, we would usually take you into private message to get a complaint raised but as you've already done this, there isn't anything more we can do. 

The teams will be working as quickly as they can to get you installed as soon as possible and you can keep up to date on things by speaking to the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

esspeecy
Just joined

So glad I found this as I'm at the end of my patience with Virgin Media and I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing issues with the pre pull mess.

We had contractors turn up to run the cable to our house only to find that they need to come back due to concrete blocking the routing. With only 4 days left until the scheduled install date I've been told on 4 subsequent days "they are scheduled to be at your property today". I don't believe a word of it yet the only avenue I have to get this resolved is speaking to the pre installation team to chase. Every other team I complain to just fobs me off to this pre installation team who are friendly but clearly without any real power or function to get the work completed.

Having worked in several industries with third party contractors I'm also fed up of that being the excuse. "Sorry we can't contact them" is a weak excuse as there is ALWAYS a way to contact them, Virgin Media just seem to want to have their staff be as obstructive and dismissive as they possibly can.

Hi @esspeecy 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that your install has been delayed due to the external cabling works that are needed. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. 

The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead, and can see that you already have a complaint raised at our side which is assigned to the correct team to assist you further. The team will be in touch with updates and chase the construction team on the works needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley