cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset not working

bryrichmond
Tuning in

I’ve a secondary account and recently my emails stopped working. 
I was frustrated that I couldn’t reset my password via the virgin media webpage so contacted tech support by phone. Following a 20 minute wait I eventually spoke to an agent and they fixed my problem by resetting my ‘secondary app password’

However I still can’t reset my secondary account password. I get the message “Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.”

please advise or do I need to spend another 30 mins on the phone trying to get another ‘workaround’ to one of your technical foibles?

Cheers, Bryan. 

11 REPLIES 11

I understand this is frustrating but if its with the second line team they will be working on a fix for it.

We can't organise any call backs from here sorry we are s digital only team if you ask to her to pop onto this thread we can look at helping her.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

bryrichmond
Tuning in

Well in the end 2nd line help were 2nd rate. No further help could be offered and we face waiting until the 18th for a miracle to occur. 
Instead I helped myself and got the answer by trawling VM forums to find;

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Can-t-send-email-IP-address-blacklisted/td-p/5304634

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-has-blocked-your-connecting-ip/td-p/5275036

Plus other examples. It was a couple of simple requests to netreport@virginmedia.com. Why 2nd line support couldn’t do this I don’t know? Another example of cost cutting where the hard pressed consumer has to spend his/her valuable time fixing a fairly ‘common’ issue. 

A valuable lesson also on VM new email and password reset system which constrains ‘secondary emails’ more than ever before. I’ll be doing my best to find a separate domain and email host from here on in to cut ties and reliance on VMs 2nd rate service. 
Oh, and before any VM forum admins consider replying to this with a ‘glad you fixed your problem’ please consider how I feel right now and how condescending such a message might seem. What you should be doing is raising the knowledge of your 2nd line support by explaining to them how they can get peoples IPs unblocked with a couple of emails. 
Thanks for the experience VM. 
Bye.