cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password is constantly being changed but not by me

GOLFFORME1
Tuning in

I have had issues where my password for my virgin media account, is getting changed, but not by me.  I have changed the email address from @ntlworld to @gmail and added in 2 factor authorisation, but the 2 factor authorisation doesn't stick and the password keeps on being changed. Even when I change my password, it doesn't ask me for the 2 factor security question. The first time, virgin customer service allowed me back in, but luckily I can get in by using my finger print to change the password again on my phone.  This has happened at least 6 times in the last 48 hours. Is this a security breach, or problems with Virgin? 

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello GOLFFORME1,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your My Virgin Media account details, we will do all we can to help. 

Once your password has been changed, this should not be amended until either yourself makes adjustment or we do so on your request. 

In order to understand the issue a little more, can you please confirm the following? 

• Are you logging in to the account via an app or a browser? 
  • Is this on one device?
  • Are you requesting that your device save your passwords? If so, has this been updated since your last password change?
  • How many times and how recently have you noticed this issue? 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie

Thanks for the response. I didn't ask Virgin for it to be changed, or change the password myself, it is simply happening (aside for the first time it happened and I rang customer service and they changed it for me).  And, the 2 step verification, doesn't seem to stick and never asks the questions, before I change my password.  I also had 2 emails sent from my account (not by myself) - 14/4/2023 12:44 to mail-supporting@team.com Blind Copy a strange email address may*****navy**@hotmail.com (sanitised) and 14/4/2023 12:15 To info@mailer.trusted.com Blind copy the same email address. The password has been updated numerous times in the last 2-3 days, since they first got in and used the 2-step authentication to hack into my Facebook account (which I have managed to get back and clamp down (hopefully)). Before the the last 'attack' on Sunday 16 Apr 2023 16:53, when I had an email to my @gmail account to let me know that my password had been changed and I no longer had access to emails, virgin go etc. I had changed the login email address from @ntlworld to @gmail, changed the password to a new, strong password and changed the 2-step authentication (wasn't asked the security questions, which told me that it had disappeared again, which is why I did it for the umpteenth time) (I was having a nap at the time and only saw the email when I woke up!). I changed it to my own password Sunday 16 Apr 2023 @ 19:09 using my android phone, which allowed me to get into my account using my finger print, again setting up 2-step and a strong password.  Answers to your questions, as follows:

• Are you logging in to the account via an app or a browser? - Both Virgin TV Go APP and Edge browser.
  • Is this on one device? No, numerous devices.
  • Are you requesting that your device save your passwords? Yes. If so, has this been updated since your last password change? Yes.
  • How many times and how recently have you noticed this issue? Too many to remember.

Regards

Neil

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and supplying all the requested information. 

Can you also please confirm if you have ran anti virus/malware scans on all devices that carry your email account and Virgin Media apps?

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes, I have ran a manual scan which came up with a nil result.  I have F-Secure on all my devices, so would like to think that it would have captured any malware etc.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

I would like to take a look in to this further from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

This is also happening to me frequently 

Trying to sort this via phonemail is getting me know where I am not happy that virgin isn't offering me a safe and secure network. If it isn't resolved ill have to switch providor

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @rebeccagraver and I'm sorry to hear of this matter.

If you can please check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, I'll be best placed to take a closer look into this for you

Thanks,

David_Bn