cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Pricing Transparency

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

A constant discussion point raised in this forum is contract renewal.  Various posts mention the difficulty of renewing a contract with various combinations of broadband speed and TV packages, sim charges from o2, landline costs and combinations of equipment (V6, Tivo, Stream).

As far as I am aware, and please put me right if I am wrong, but there does not seem to be published anywhere a menu of package elements, with their associated prices.  This leads to anxiety when renewing a contract, as you never know if your are getting value for money, if the guy next door is getting it cheaper than you or if you are being ripped off.

So please Virgin Media, how about publishing a menu of sort.  I think this would go a long way to increasing customer satisfaction and remove the anxiety around contract renewal.

Just a thought.

Kind Regards,

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, TNT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP.
5 REPLIES 5

ccranstone
On our wavelength

Well said BillBudd

I have just wasted a morning of my life trying to understand the pricing structure and how VM manage to actually increase the pricing as you remove unwanted services. From the online session this morning it is clear that VM have no interest in customer retention, their only interest seems to be in luring new customers into the web (excuse the pun) I managed to get a package that was originally £66 p/month down to £60 by removing two thirds of the package. (down to broadband only from broadband, basic TV and landline)

Despite my misgivings, I am now actively looking at BT Openreach based options  and slower broadband due to the attitude of VM. 

Sorry, went a bit off of the original topic there but just so incensed with the lack of clear pricing.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BillBudd,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback about the way that our package changes are shown on customers accounts and our site. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometime ago, bills were “simplified” following customer feedback that the multiple discounts were too difficult to understand. Also, following an OFCOM ruling, Broadband providers are no longer permitted to show telephone line rental charges as a separate item on bills.

No win situation.

New customer deals are “loss leaders”. Do not expect to be offered these as an existing customer. VM would go out of business if they did.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillBudd wrote:if the guy next door is getting it cheaper than you or if you are being ripped off.

To add, this could apply to any large-ticket purchase. As long as you're happy with what you're paying, then the amount your neighbour pays, is arguably immaterial.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I would have thought that people are accustomed to differential pricing which exists in several industries. Example: every time you board a flight there will be people who paid wildly different prices despite being in seats which are physically identical.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection