cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Renewal Link Not Working!

Herebegb
Joining in

Just like almost everyone else it seems, I've been having the same issue for weeks now. The only contract renewal options I can get are upgrades, everything else goes to the 'oops' page. If I search as a new customer the there are offers for broadband only starting from £26 - £20 cheaper than either of the 2 options I was able to load.

Feels like it is a very deliberate move by Virgin

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Herebegb

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have been sent a broken link. If you're not a new customer then you wouldn't be eligible for a new customer deal, but we also have plenty of existing customer deals available. Have you discussed any of these yet with our retentions team? You can reach them on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

dbuchan
Tuning in

Yup - happens every year. Deliberate.

Why do I have to call? Surely I should be able to access these offers via your website? I also was not just sent a broken link - if you try any option on you website to get to an offers page that isn't an upgrade, you get the 'oops' page. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Herebegb and I'm sorry to hear of the issue with the renewal links and options online not loading as expected.

Do please attempt clearing cache on your browser, or using an alternative browser to see if this helps resolve the issue you've been experiencing with the links/options, to get the desired renewal.

In terms of the new customer deals you have referenced, we would have to advise that all new customers are issued with a lucrative new deal and once this has expired, this cannot then be re-issued. This is common practice in the telecommunications industry.

Thanks

David_Bn

Am fully aware that the new customer deals are for new customers but I thought it was interesting that there are no issues loading offers as a 'new customer' but as soon as you tell your site you are an existing customer the site fails to load. Clearing cache, different browsers, navigating the website directly or clicking on hyperlinks DO NOT WORK except to load the upgrade page. Has anyone at Virgin even attempted to investigate? Considering that multitude of similar comments all the same issue posted on here? 

Hi @Herebegb, thank you for your response.

We're sorry to hear the suggestions provided haven't had the desired effect 😔

The relevant teams are aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to contact us by a different means to over the phone, we'd suggest reaching out to our WhatsApp support team on +447305 327 112.

Regards,
Daniel