cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract not Received

CazH73
Joining in

I renewed with retentions team over the phone, decided to upgrade to Mega TV with Sky Sports & Cinema,250mb broadband & weekend chatter for the offer of £48.62 per month,as the agent discounted by an extra £10 per month.

I have received the pre-contract documents,but not my actual new contract and my old contract is still showing on my account.

Also,on the MyVirgin app my next bill is showing as £63.15?Can you please check that my new contract has gone through?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you should have a new contract in writing to confirm what you will be getting and how much it will cost.  Otherwise you may find (as others have done) that you have been given and charged something different.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey CazH73, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please do remember we do bill a month in advance and also sometimes a new deal may not start right away.

It may start in 30 days. 

I can also see you've been in touch with us, have the team helped at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,no I was in touch this weekend to arrange for an engineer to fit a co-axial cable for the new 360 box,as the one supplied wasn't long enough.

I have only just noticed on the Virgin app the new billing information.I thought I should have a copy of my new contract though before my 14 days cooling off period expires?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you should have a new contract in writing to confirm what you will be getting and how much it will cost.  Otherwise you may find (as others have done) that you have been given and charged something different.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

So will I be receiving my new contract documents before the cooling off period ends,as I have no way of checking that my order has gone through properly otherwise?I did agree over the phone with the retentions guy that I agreed to the new pre contract documents and was happy with it.

pau1200
Dialled in

After the experience I have had I would make sure you have the details before the cooling off period has ended as in my experience they sometimes don't honour the deal.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You have two choices.

You can trust that VM has signed you up to the deal you agreed with the sales person, and wait to see how much you are charged next month. 

Or you can phone in now and say you are cancelling the new contract because you haven't seen it in writing. That may well get a copy emailed to you. 

- jpeg1

You Should of got these documents already?

Just to confirm did you never get any pre documents?

Have you checked your spam / junk box?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Don't let this happen to you... 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unauthorised-contract/m-p/5526725#M...

- jpeg1

I received my pre-documents via email,read over it whilst on phone to retentions,and agreed to what was on there.But have not had the actual contract emailed since that day(22.5.24)