cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

Hey Megan,

Thanks for replying here so quickly.

I was paying £37pm (this was with loyalty discount etc until October 2021). However my contract was for 12 months from April 2020 - April 2021. So just over 4 months remained. 

The livechat person told me if I took a sim card then it would be £36 and an 18 month contract - I refused this because they were making absolutely no sense and wanted me to have a credit search for a sim I didn't want based on an address I'd not even fully moved to yet. I'm not frustrated really, I was just commenting because some staff clearly feel under pressure to try and support multiple customers at once, but it's not practical and causes confusion/issues. The livechat supporter also told me they were a supervisor or something along those lines, because I wasn't too impressed that even though it was typed out on livechat and not verbal, they still took my address wrong...which I had to correct them on. Not a good experience but it's happened, it's how it's fixed that matters now I guess. 

'Not a good experience but it's happened, it's how it's fixed that matters now I guess'

I've received no response after answering the question put to me. Anybody at Virgin Media capable of providing a decent level of support?

Hi Pmadden85,

Thanks for coming back to me, sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for your PM. 

I will be happy to have a look into your account with this, as when you move (as long as you didn't ask to change your package) your services should stay the same and the contract should continue with the same term time frame. So I am sorry if this went wrong for you in this instance. 

I'll reply to your PM now so we can get stuck in.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Pmadden85,

Thanks so much for chatting with me in our PM over the last few weeks, I am really glad we managed to get your complaint and issue resolved 🙂

If you need any further help please just create a new post and me and my team will try to help again!

Happy New Year!

Megan_L

Hi @megan_l

Could you please help me with this as well?

I am in the same situation although specifying I was not changing my services, would be taking my equipment with me and self install.

Thank you

Hi Evainorlando, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry that there has been some concern regarding your contract since moving, we can certainly clear things up. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and take some details. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma,

The same has happened to me, after requesting a move through Virgin Media, I have been sent a new contract even though my existing contract has time left on it. The new contract is much more expensive than the old one.

Please can you assist?

Many thanks

Hi rosi123, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new contract, the new contract should be 12 months or a continuation of the term. Can you confirm if a new package was agreed? thus why the price has increased? Please let us know and we will aim to assist further. Chris

Hi Chris,

I've had the same problem, just moved earlier this week. I have been issued with a new contract, my monthly bill has been increased and a new direct debit instruction has been set up. I didn't ask for any changes to my existing contract, just wanted to move home with the same contract. 
My existing contract was due to expire in July this year and I was paying £34.50 a month. 
Any help would be appreciated as it's taking hours and hours to get through on the phone to anyone. Thanks.

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, hamjam,

Apologies for the delayed response, have you been able to get this sorted since your post? If not, let us know and we'll send you a private message.

Cheers,

Corey C