cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move the virgin box

MansfieldZ
Joining in

My modem and box need moving within the same room but to the other side of the room. Though I cant seem to get someone to speak to and when I go onto the chat bot it assumes I'm wanting to move house! I've read on this forum it is £25 to get an engineer to come out and do.. is this correct and how do I get through to speak to someone?  

14 REPLIES 14

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 👋 @MansfieldZ,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry for any issues you've had trying to speak with someone regarding relocating your equipment. 

I will be more than happy to book a tech for you to get this arranged and I can confirm there will be a £25 non fault call out charge.

If you are happy to proceed, then please do respond to my PM and we can take it from there 😊

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @MansfieldZ,

All done for you!

I've booked a technician to come out and relocate your equipment as requested and the agreed £25 charge will appear on your next monthly bill.

You can find confirmation of the time and date of the visit via your online account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am having the same problem, can you please tell me how to book someone to move my virgin box? 

Hi @123adam123

Welcome to the community forums. 

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you requesting to have the modem moved to another area of the home for personal reasons or are you having issues with the service at all?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I kindly received a message from the virgin media team in response to this post that booked it in for me! 

Hello 

yes, I’m wanting a modem moved to another area of the home for personal reasons. 

regards 

Adam 

Thanks for your reply @123adam123, there is a £25 charge for this, if you are happy to go ahead with this please respond to my PM.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @123adam123, I'm glad I was able to help get this booked in for you.

Please let us know if you need this changing at any time, we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@Nathan_B or someone else I’d appreciate if someone could get in touch via PM about booking an appointment to move my box - I understand there is a charge for this.

Many Thanks.