cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment fee on final bill

lisapallent53
Tuning in

I cancelled my broadband contract and my final bill includes a £7.50 late payment fee stating the previous month's direct debit wasn't paid in full.  The direct debit came out the same as every other month and was paid in full as per usual. Why do I have a late payment fee added to this bill which is complete fabrication? 

20 REPLIES 20

lisapallent53
Tuning in

All bills paid by DD with no issue, cancelled my contract and the final bill today shows a late payment fee which is complete nonsense. This had better not flag on my credit file.

This happened to myself last week. VM are clearly aware of this issue but for some reason choose to ignore the problem with their billing systems. I'm sure a VM rep will contact you shortly to sort this mess out, the reps are very good, it's not their fault.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lisapallent53 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you may have been incorrectly charged a late fee. This is not the level of service we look to provide and we want to best help. To best look into this issue, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

beckyc221
Joining in

I have also had this happen to me! My bills are always paid by direct debit, it appears that this is a common thing once customers are leaving 😞

Did you get any help with your issue?

Hi beckyc221,

Sorry to hear you've experienced the same issue. I'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you.

Please look out for my message I've sent you.

Thanks,

Beth

Hi. Yes they contacted me on here and could find no reason for the charge. They are sending me a refund via cheque and are checking to make sure a late payment notice won't get sent to the credit agencies. I was more concerned with my credit score potentially being affected than the £7.50. 

Hope you get sorted 

Thanks for getting back to us @lisapallent53 

I can see that my colleague Akua is monitoring your issue on your behalf. I will therefore leave you in her very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R

nedimsogut
Joining in

This is happened to me as well. It's really difficult to cancel a contract with VM. They offered to extend the contract 18 more months but just for these reasons I'll not sign a contract and happy to pay more as they're charging you a lot more at the end of contract. Now, my credit score will be affected as well because of a late payment fee they charge even though I paid on time with direct debit. This is not right and stay away from them.