cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Charge for 1st Payment. No warning

Mediameg
Tuning in

I've just received a late payment charge for my 1st payment. I had no warning that it hadn't been paid, no reminders, until the day after the overdue payment and was saddled with a £7.50 charge. I'm 99% sure that you have to add DD details when you set up the service? I'm furious but have paid it for the sake of my credit report. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Mediameg 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your bill, have you been able to check and verify your direct debit is active with us? We cannot set one up via the forums, but I would be happy to check this on our side if you would like? 

Can I also ask if you have had a bill to view for this? 

Hi there, I've set up a direct debit now but I'm surprised they let me take out a contract without this being done at the start, I thought this was conditional?

I did get a bill but didn't look as I presumed it would be paid by DD. 

Thank you @Mediameg we do accept other forms of payment so a direct debit is not necessary but is recommended. 

We are so sorry again that this happened but we are glad that you are now set up correctly.