cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting messages saying my VM contract has ended when it hasn't

steviedm
Joining in

I took the opportunity to renew my contract at the end of last year and chose an 18 month one with promotional prices valid until 9th June 2025. I was sent a copy of the contract and when I select 'View contract' in My Virgin Media, the correct information is displayed.

However, I keep getting emails saying my contract has ended and these are both annoying and confusing. If I click the link in the email, log in and click 'Explore your renewal deal', the link is frustratingly dead so that doesn't get me anywhere.

I haven't got time to waste on the phone enquiring about this so I tried the WhatsApp route. What a waste of time. The person responding didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say and kept trying to sell me stuff. When I sent a screenshot of the contract and asked him/her to sort it out, they transferred me to someone else who opened with the question "So I believe you're looking to change your package?" Grrrrrr *hurls phone at wall*

I am paying the amount I expect to pay, which I'm aware is subject to inflation next month, and there is confirmation the discounts apply until June 2025 so I don't think this is a problem, and is likely to be an internal glitch, but I'm happy to be told otherwise.

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @steviedm, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the contradictory information that has been offered thus far.

I'd be happy to look into this for you so we can gain some clarity and resolve where appropriate.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn 

Bid1
On our wavelength

I had this issue. My promotion offer doesn’t expire until June/july 2024 but I took out the contract in January 2023? I rang the dreaded VM customer service who said I was still in contract. 

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @steviedm

I'm pleased that I was able to have this query answered for you.

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi

I have the same problem. I renewed my contract last August for 18 months and have an email from virgin saying my contract has ended and I should review offers to renew!

Hi @beeswing thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry for any confusion around your package and contract end date from our side.  And for any concerns it may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen. 

Regards

Lee_R