cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly added late payment to my credit report

rls106
Joining in

I have notified Virgin that I intend to leave after an increase of over 100% at renewal of my contract. I have been notified that I will be charged £80 and contract will end after 30 days. The payment is due to be paid on 23rd November 2033. Today I got a notification that my credit score has reduced due to a late payment notification by Virgin of £80! All my payments are up to date and the £80 is not yet due.

I have tried contacting Virgin to get this removed but every avenue has been blocked. I ended up having to raise a complaint. That however tells me can take up to 28 days to be responded to. In the meantime my credit standing has been compromised. Even once (assuming they do!) Virgin accept that they have made yet another mistake adversely affecting somebody’s suitability for credit it can take another 3 - 5 weeks to clear the error from the report. I’m so glad that they hiked their prices so high forcing me to leave if this is the way they treat their customers.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rls106 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of this credit file dispute.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill