cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my services out of contract - new one has been created without my permission!

Keiranjf
On our wavelength

Hey can someone advise me on a serious issue please.

I was out of contract last month (June) and cancelled my services as I went with a different provider. I was told I would be expecting a refund on the part month.

I gave notice and was told as my payment had been taken it would mean I was owed around £27.

I received an email stating my services were cancelled and then was hit with a £70+ bill. It stated this was my final bill and to be honest I wasn't bothered as I had left.

Today I recieving an email stating my bill was ready for £29? I went into my account to check and someone has created a new contract from the 4th of June! It states it's £51pcm until December 25th 2025! 

I phoned up three times today to be told my previous contract was definitely cancelled and the call handlers refusing to accept that there's a new contract. 

I gave the contract number to be told they can see it but said they'd message cancellations. This money comes out of my account in five days? 

I then asked each advisor to put me through to someone else to be just left on hold for half an hour listening to music and then the line going dead.

I have it in black and white & confirmed that my services ended last month. I have the final bill stating it was the final bill and now I have a new contract?

I left Virgin due to the ridiculous price they were offering. They were offering £67! Suddenly someone has created a contract for £51. I'm now paying my new provider and Virgin a combined £90 and they took £70+ for my final bill only two weeks ago. 

As it's been a month before they'd played this trick, I want to know how I go about sorting it? 

2 REPLIES 2

Keiranjf
On our wavelength

This is my bill -

The upper part states it's my last bill. The second part shows them creating a new contract from the 12th July until December 2025!

It's the same document and states it's my last bill but then suddenly I'm in contact? 

What is going on?!

1000083945.jpg

1000083946.jpg

This makes zero sense and no one will sort it when I'm phoning. Keep telling me it's cancelled but ignoring the new charge and clear renewal of £51. 

**I've made sure no sensitive information is on those images. Please do not remove**

Hey Keiranjf,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing after leaving us. I'm not really sure why this would have happened and you had a new contract uploaded. I however would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L