cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check door to door caller genuine?

Rachelbee
Joining in

hi I had a very pushy lady at my door yesterday at 6pm. foreign  and kept trying to come in to use toilet. she seemed very reluctant to go away and has left me very anxious as flashed Id quickly then got pushy fast. worried with children in house and need to know if this was staff of yours or something that should be logged with police. if she is staff I don't think she should be being pushy then trying to gain access to property and making comments about children in the property. thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Rachellbee, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community .

Did she have a Virgin Media O2 ID badge on did you get a good look at this at all?

Also they should of been in branded Virgin Media O2 clothing, what was they dressed in?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Rachelbee
Joining in

hi I had a foreign lady knock on your behalf last night she flashed pass quite quickly then became pushy after i said i was busy asking how long I lived here about kids etc then tried to gain access for toilet. I'm concerned that she wasn't a genuine rep and will need to report if she isn't. can someone help with confirming whether she was please as this has left my quite anxious. thank you. 

Sorry to hear this, let me send you a PM and we can look at getting some details from you and we will try and get this figured out. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we have the ball rolling on this 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

asim18
Fibre optic

Maybe she was just really desperate for the toilet. People act weird when they're trying to hold it in. Hope she managed to find one 💩

Maybe she was really a VM engineer and had come to help flush the cache. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get this sorted out and confirmed this was a VM worker. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?