cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Riddance Virgin

stevegilmour
On our wavelength

Today I received a call from the ombudsman confirming that my complaint against VM has been accepted. Since January I've had nothing but stress from VM, it started with an email I received saying if I sign up for another 18 months then I would get the "same great package for the same great price". Anything but, it was £20 more expensive when I clicked on the link. For being a communications company they are not very good at communicating as each department has no idea what the other departments are offering. I had enough last week, as my contract is coming to an end on 18th April and they wanted £140 per month so I terminated my contract. The sad thing is I really enjoyed having VM for the past 20 years excluding a 2 year period where VM was not available at the new property. I never missed a payment and what I experienced was a complete lack of looking after loyal customers. I'm not the only one as I've posted before and so many people had the same problems. VM needs to fire their managing director as they are losing customers over problems that could easily be rectified. It seems like they don't care by outsourcing customer service abroad. I'm a customer who loved the VM services but I had no option but to go to Sky. Looks like I'm in for a big fight again but this time I have the ombudsman on my side. If anyone is experiencing the same problems I would highly advise you report VM to them as they have been brilliant. I'm now after compensation for my time and all the inconvenience plus I'm hoping they get a massive fine as they are obviously defrauding customers big time. OK vent over! 

3 REPLIES 3

RT123
Tuning in

The Ombudsman won't be able to fine Virgin (all Virgin have to pay is the fee they charge)

However, Ofcom is currently investigating VM over it's complaints and cancellation policies. Hopefully some action will come from that.

I do not work for VM, just trying to help!

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Well done Steve. VM does sometimes completely ignore Ombudsman decisions. If this happens to you then you need to go to the Small Claims Court. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @stevegilmour,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with your package and then needing to raise a complaint through the system, with this if this has gone to the Ombudsman, until their agreed resolution is processed we cannot touch the complaint or apply this through ourselves without authorisation from them, once this has been done through fully, we would be able to review anything through with you after.

Joe