cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final payment not taken

jmac862
Tuning in

I've cancelled and left VM, the equipment has been returned and I thought I was done... However, the wretched company seems intent on dragging the process out to the maximum extent as they have not taken the final payment. The direct debit is still active but nothing has been taken since the last 'normal' payment. Am I expected to make this payment manually? This reluctance to take money is quite out of character and I do not want them to mess with my credit rating as a final coup de grace...

Any advice would be welcome

John

John McKenna
Ex RAF Ex NHS now retired and loving it...
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks Carl
That's good news, I hope the fact that I won't have a 'next bill' doesn't complicate the process. I'll hang on and hope they can sort it soon

John

John McKenna

Hello jmac862

Sorry to hear of the confusion since cancelling your services around the billing, we understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We will continue to charge customers during their 30 days notice due to services still being provided, once this period has ended and the disconnection of service has completed a final revised bill will be produced. Confusion can be caused if there is a bill produced during this 30 day period but not taken until after the disconnection. If you would like confirmation please let us know and we will send you a Private Message to clear up any f your concerns.

Rob

Hi Rob

Well, as I anticipated, Clearscore have sent me a new update in which my rating has changed due to a missed payment to Virginmedia. It is incredible that your company can get so much wrong in the simple process of disconnecting a service. I was with you for over twenty years until you drove me away with plummeting customer service.. and now the final insult is to malign my reputation with a credit default.

YOU didn't take the payment. I had a long-standing Direct Debit with you which sufficed until I had the temerity to leave. Can you please have this this unwarranted default removed immediately.

John McKenna

John McKenna

Thank you for that information jmac862, We are happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin