cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill wrong.

shireknight
On our wavelength

Hi team,

I cancelled my contract at the beginning of July giving 30 days notice for my contract ending yesterday and was informed at the time that my final bill would be for £6.70 which is fine, however I have received an email, now telling me that August's bill will be £48.90 which is clearly wrong as my disconnection date was yesterday and I checked and my broadband was indeed terminated as expected.

At the moment my direct debit is still active however I obviously don't want you taking £48.90 when my final payment should only be £6.70 so can someone generate me a new invoice please and send it to me in the next seven days just to put my mind at ease that on August 14th you will be taking the correct amount. If I don't receive a revised bill by August 10th then I will cancel the direct debit and pay the £6.70 online instead, if it's easier for you for me to do that instead then that's fine and you can ignore this message.

My account number is/was :-[MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]

Many thanks, Jay 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @shireknight,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have left us, with regards to your bill the system carries on automatically until your disconnection date, this means any bill which would have come out will still come out, now that the account has closed you should receive a bill within 48 hours of disconnection advising of any final payments owed, this will then amend via the system and update any pending  Direct Debits that are coming out.

Joe 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @shireknight,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have left us, with regards to your bill the system carries on automatically until your disconnection date, this means any bill which would have come out will still come out, now that the account has closed you should receive a bill within 48 hours of disconnection advising of any final payments owed, this will then amend via the system and update any pending  Direct Debits that are coming out.

Joe 

Ah I see, that makes sense, hopefully the system will correct itself in a couple of days then, thanks Joe 🙂

Hi shireknight,

In the meantime if you do need any further support please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Alby41
Up to speed

I hope you get sorted buddy .. it looks like Mr Jobsworth strikes again at VM .. why do they do this ?