cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill wrong, has extra month added on plus calls?

jpw80
Joining in

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help, my dad cancelled his package in February , gave notice as required and he was disconnected on 26th. However he has had a final bill for £134.54 covering the period 1st Feb - 29th March, and has been charged for the full month of March at £53.00 despite being disconnected in February and having sent the boxes back already.

In addition, he also has £57.60 in call charges covering the period 25th January - 2nd Feb, all of which were to Virgin Media firstly trying to get someone to fix the faulty box which had left him without tv and internet for two days, and then to get through to cancel. Is it right that he is charged for this ? I don’t understand why calls have appeared from 25th January when the previous bill already covered this period and the calls weren’t on it?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's normal for billing to continue and a final bill be produced after the disconnection, so the important question here is whether the bill was produced before or after the 26th. If - as I suspect - before, then it's part of standard billing and should be paid as per normal. If it's after, then you would appear to have an error given that your dad has been disconnected.

What number do the call charges relate to? VM CS are on 150 from a Virgin landline which is a free call. Some people have been caught out by dialling the off-net number 0345 4541111, which is in principle a chargeable call unless you have a bundle allowance covering it. Late-rated calls can sometimes happen, but the important thing would be whether those calls were made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jpw80, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there has been some confusion surround your father's billing. Whilst your subscription is billed a month in advance, call costs are billed after the fact as we're unable to charge in advance for these so this would likely be why you're seeing charges on the bill after the calls were made. 

When calling 150, there would be no charge for the call but if your dad has called using another number, such as 0345 454 1111 then this would be chargeable. 

As mentioned above by japitts - during the 30 day disconnection period, your billing will continue as normal but then once your services have been disconnected you will receive a final bill a few days later. We can have a look to double check this though but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jpw80,

Thanks for sticking with me on this one via private message. 

I'm really glad I was able to help get things resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs