cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill confusion

Northstar1
Joining in

I am trying to find information on behalf of my elderly parents, who are not online. 

Due to increasing costs, they cancelled their Virgin TV and home phone service last year, with their cancellation date confirmed as 16th November. They subsequently cancelled their direct debit on the date instructed by the advisor they spoke to when cancelling. 

They were not able to arrange pick up of their Hub kit via the Virgin help line (maybe due to not having email/smart phone access), so had to wait for someone to take it to a Yodel shop over Christmas (Yodel tracking confirms the kit was received at Virgin on 9th Jan). 

They have subsequently received 2 consecutive 'final bills' - one for £69 for billing period up to 6th January this year, and another for £39 with billing period not specified. They have not been able to get anywhere on the telephone helpline (maybe because their account no longer exists!) 

Reading the various info on here, it looks like maybe the £39 bill is the adjusted bill prepared after the Hub kit was received (with the £69 bill maybe including the charge for the kit if it wasn't returned). Does this sound correct? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The staff team will have to assist with the account-specifics here, but I rather suspect your parents were - albeit likely with good intent - premature in cancelling the direct debit.

General advice is to keep that in-place until the final bill is settled (with any credits or debits) and final payments made. Any agent who advises otherwise, is giving bad advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Northstar1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that your parents are having with their final bill. 

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Northstar1
Joining in

Thanks both, of course, my parents could only go on what the advisor told them to do.

Going through the security questions on the online chat now, I can see why they have been unable to get anywhere with the telephone helpline. For example, they don't know what broadband is, let alone the speed their package would have given them, so they would have been unable to answer that security question. Fingers crossed I shall be able to get to the bottom of it and pay whatever their final bill is. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome Northstar1 and its good news that its all sorted now for your parents 🙂

Northstar1
Joining in

Thank you for all your help Steven - with the information you managed to find, I was able to ring the payment line and settle their final bill for them.  

Hi @Northstar1, no problem at all. I'll pass on your thanks.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel