cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment return - customer service is ridiculous

codenstuff
Tuning in

I have been trying to arrange a collection for the equipment Virgin wants me to return after my contract expired. 

I was sent a box to return the equipment in but it is with Yodel and I can't easily get a Yodel drop-off point, and in the email I received on 23rd September regarding my returns it stated in bold letters

As well as sending you our returns packaging, we also have a doorstep collection team out and about in some areas. They can help make your returns even easier. We're working with Contact Engine to arrange a collection from your home, so please keep an eye out for a text, email or call from them. This way you won't even have to leave your house to return our kit.

This part is what I'm focussing on "...We're working with Contact Engine to arrange a collection from your home.." and I have been waiting but no one has contacted me.

I contacted Virgin on Tuesday 1st October, having to go through the WhatsApp route because no one ever answers the phones at Virgin, and an agent told me he'd raised a request with the returns team for collection on Wednesday 2nd, but it is now the 4th and still no one has contacted me or been to collect the equipment.

I'm now trying to get in touch with an agent, again having to use WhatsApp, and the current wait time is 47-minutes. Are you joking? - it's a Friday not the weekend, do you only have a couple of people working on a Friday. 47-minutes is an absolute joke.

I'm not taking this equipment to a Yodel drop-off and want it picked up - if no one comes to collect the equipment by whatever deadline you have for it to be returned, you will NOT be charging me for it, I have an email that states in bold lettering that you are arranging collection (see above) and it's not my fault if you fail to do so.

Virgin, your standards are seriously dropping. What is going on.

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello codenstuff,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your equipment return.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L