cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MyVirgin only work with Chrome?

Tenebreaux
On our wavelength

Tried to go online to pay my bill. I won't allow telecoms companies to take direct debits from my account because they're all...not great. Anyway, couldn't log in using my default browser which is Firefox. However I can log in using a Chromium based browser. Why are Virgin insisting I install spyware on my device just to pay my bill?

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My Virgin Media works on all four browsers that I have installed on my PC.   Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Brave.

You can use the My Virgin Media app on ios and android devices

There are a number of different ways to pay instead of by direcrt debit, including over the phone by calling 0800 064 3777.  You can also pay via a Paypoint, the Post Office, or in your bank, and even by cheque.

See /virginmedia.com/billing-and-payment/make-a-payment 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tenebreaux 👋 Welcome back to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you have been having some difficulties paying via My VM on Firefox! As Newapollo has already advised, there shouldn't be any issue using any browser with the site - there are not any known issues we are aware of. 

Have you tried clearing the cookies and cache on your browser? Or using a 'private' version of the browser to see if this works?

You can also try using an alternative device (this will help determine if the issue is isolated to your browser)

You can also pay via the My VM app 👉 https://virg.in/myvmapp or any of the other methods listed here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payment/make-a-payment 

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on with the troubleshooting, and if you need further support. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

Molly

Client62
Alessandro Volta

I just tried "My Virgin Media" it works in Firefox for us.   

Perhaps Firefox pop-up / ad-blocker add-ons need to be disabled for the VM Website.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There have been a few recent past mentions of a malware extension (Malwarebytes? Browser Guard?) causing login issues to MVM on Firefox.

This is possible. I have Ublock Origin and a Pihole running. And I aint turning them off.

Client62
Alessandro Volta

With Ublock Origin enabled and using the VM DNS MyVM works for us.

Try Firefox with Cloudflare DNS enabled in the settings to see if PiHole is the problem.

I use Unbound on the Pi for my DNS with Quad9 as the upstream.

Client62
Alessandro Volta

With Firefox using DNS : https://dns.quad9.net/dns-query  and Ublock Origin enabled MyVM works fine.

Thanks for the reply @Tenebreaux on the VM forums 😇

May I ask if you were able to make the payment?
Let us know and we can go forward from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs