cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted - Late payment charge registered credit file

Patto92
Joining in

I have been a dedicated Virgin Media customer for many years. Recently, I relocated due to rising bills.

After experiencing difficulties in obtaining a final bill, I contested a "Late payment fee" on 17th April 2024. This fee arose because Virgin Media modified the direct debit amount and was rectified in a following bill. The late payment fee was resolved through several phone conversations and agreed it was incorrect and was assured this would have no impact on my credit record. I settled my final bill, excluding the disputed fee.

Regrettably, I have since discovered that a late payment has been registered against my credit report, significantly affecting my credit score. This is particularly concerning as I am currently seeking to renew my mortgage. Dealing with Virgin Media over the past eight weeks has caused me considerable distress.

I attempted to file a complaint via email, but I was unable to do so because my account had been disconnected. Consequently, I have submitted a data subject access request, seeking all call recordings and account notes. My intention is to ascertain the reason for this erroneous entry on my credit report, given that it was previously agreed that no late payment should have been recorded.

Furthermore, I have not received a final demand for the disputed amount. Therefore, the fact that Virgin Media is reporting this information to credit bureaus without proper justification is deeply concerning. I will also be seeking compensation for the distress caused by this situation.

As a former loyal customer, I am profoundly disappointed with the recent actions of Virgin Media, if a member of the virgin media team can support me in escalating this as a complaint, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Patto92

We're sorry to hear of the impact the late payment fee has had on your credit file and the problems this is causing, we understand the concern and are eager to get this looked into for you. Welcome to the community.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Patto92

We're sorry to hear of the impact the late payment fee has had on your credit file and the problems this is causing, we understand the concern and are eager to get this looked into for you. Welcome to the community.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob