cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection charge

VirgMed
Joining in

I had to finish my contract early as I moved to live with my son who has Broadband himself. I have been with Virgin for 20 years but they have sent me a bill £268.50 I had no choice other than  to disconnect I am an OAP & can’t afford this. Is there anything I can do please ? 

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VirgMed,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear that there appears to be a disputed early disconnection fee on your billing. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look and see what we can do. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thankyou so much for your Reply Zach.   This has been really worrying me . I know because every 18 months or so it seems like a new contract has been taken, but, as I said, have been loyal customers to yourselves for many years. Sadly my husband passed away at the end of 2019 before that our account would have been in his name, then I had to open the account in my name only.      Many thanks for your help.      Brenda Aston 

please can you continue to help me with this problem.   Thankyou 

VirgMed
Joining in

Hi. I have been a loyal customer with Virgin Media for a Great Many Years. As I am now elderly, I left my home & moved n with my son & daughter in law. They have Broadband & Wifi already , so I had to cancel my Virgin Contract.  Despite being with them for over 20 years, they have hit me with a huge disconnection charge. This is making me ill  with worry I cannot seem to be able to speak to anyone about this.  I am looking for help & advice please    Thankyou Very Much