cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected early

Padwar
Joining in

I informed Virgin Media I would be moving house and because they cannot provide services at new address agreed to cancel my services on 5 Apr. However, they then disconnected everything on 25 Mar and have left me with nothing all week. I have had 3 long phone calls and spoken to numerous Virgin Media staff, all promising the issue would be resolved but I am still waiting. I have lodged a formal complaint but that has made no difference either. I get passed from pillar to post and each dept claims it is another dept that is responsible for reconnecting my services. No one seems capable of taking the initiative to sort this problem out, they just claim they have to follow their processes. These are obviously not fit for purpose. 

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Padwar 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums, apologies that your account has been disconnected earlier than required. I am afraid there are processes in which we do have to follow in order to reconnect customers. we can look further into this to see where the process is at in terms of reconnection, for that we would need to bring you in for a private message.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Update - services still not restored and following another phone call, been told I have to wait 24 to 48 hours. This is the same thing I have been told all week so I have just wasted more of my time. Customer service is an absolute joke and keep giving out the same responses. There appears to be no escalation process and even lodging a complaint doesn’t help. No response to it either. Will never use Virgin Media again and certainly would not recommend it to anyone. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's no consolation to you of course, but you are not the only person affected like this. There have been previous reports of service being cut off early.

Check your accounts because you should not be charged for the disconnected service.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.