cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation - Provisional Installation Date clause beware!

gue3
Tuning in

Hi everyone, Can I also join in on this topic, as I have a problem just like Spine posted in February 2024?
I ask because I signed up with VM on 3/6 after getting an email on 1st June saying `were all moved into your street Steve`. That has turned out to be a lie. They were due to put my equipment in between 8am -- 1pm on 17/6 but at 10.31am that morning I received an email saying there was a delay and my new installation date was 25/7. I have now written 3 letters to their CEO regarding what they’re putting me through and asking for his help. The first letter was ignored completely until on the 2nd I gave a deadline date. Following that a man from their Executive office rang me, but didn’t solve the problem. He then sent an email saying my problem was resolved but the response wasn’t even in plain English. I then waited a few days and queried this email and this man rang again saying he would look into my delay and "give me 24 hours m8 and I’ll look into this and come back to you". That was perhaps 10 days ago and I’m still waiting. Then less than 24 hours before the 2nd installation date of 25/7, they again called it off and are now expecting me to wait until 2nd September for the 3rd attempt, but after two failed installation dates now, what chance do I have theyll meet 2/9 or any other dates they may give me. On the advice of Trading Standards the 3rd letter was sent recorded post to their CEO said they were in `Breach of Contract` and gave 7 days for them to respond. They’ve now ignored that deadline as well! Trading Standards are now urging me to send a recorded delivery letter saying `Letter before Court Action`, and I have to give 14 days for them to respond, but this is all taking time and then if this has to go to the Ombudsman I have to wait 8 weeks before writing to them. My issue is I am losing my BT connection on 5/8, i.e. tomorrow, but requests to them to keep my contract rolling on have fallen on deaf ears. My biggest issue is I’m registered disabled and need my internet connection to get emails and appointment letters from 3 hospitals that I am under. One of those hospitals operates a `one strike and your out policy` meaning if they change an appointment during the next 4 weeks, which I don’t find out about because VM are going to now leave me without broadband for a month, if I then miss that appointment I go right to the back of the queue! I also have a diabetic sensor on my arm that sends my sugar readings on to one of those hospitals for the diabetic nurses to monitor and intervene if they see things going wrong, so for the next 4 weeks they’re going to be blind re my readings. I need my internet! I have read other posts and threads and other people talking about the 3 ways you can get out of the contract, but only after the installation has been put in, these being detailed by Spine in his/her original post. Do others think as I need internet/email for medical reasons as my number one priority, I should just go with another ISP tomorrow to ensure continuity of supply and then wait for VM to install their broadband when they decide to get around to it and then cancel within 14 days? Any help and advice is gratefully received. Kind regards everyone. Steve

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Are you really sure you want to still go with an outfit where a representative of the CEO calls you "m8"? A link to the automatic compensation scheme is below. In addition Rebel Internet does rolling broadband contracts to tide you over. Good luck my friend. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

gue3
Tuning in

Hi Cardiffman282,

I see what you mean, it didnt bother me that much at the time I was just glad to talk to someone who might offer a solution to this nightmare. I have spoken to the pre-installation team on the number provided on this thread and another thread by VM agents, and asked to cancel the installation, as the VM agents on here said that you could. The guy I spoke to today was really helpful and said he had to send an email to his boss, and then he`d ring me back tomorrow to confirm everything, so hopefully this will all be resolved and I can quickly go with someone else to ensure continuity of my internet, so that I know I am then in constant communication with the 3 hospitals that I`m currently under and not worrying about receiving appointment letters or that my arm sensor is sending strong signals over to one of these hospitals.

Kind regards

Steve

We can appreciate this is frustrating Steve, we can see that the correct team is dealing with this, and will contact you with any updates. 

Alex_Rm

spell
Knows their stuff

That response is typically woolly sounding - in fact it says nothing - your original plan was by far the best.

Good luck with it