cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Blacklisted by VM

RBL67
Tuning in

Hi, here is my saga with VM:

I called customer services on 01/08/22 to give my 30 days notice to end the contract.

After explaining my reasons, rep said he would put me through to the "cancellation department". Needless to say, the 25 minutes and 14 secs call was cut off.

I called back and went through the same explanation to another rep, he seemed to put me on hold, no music but nobody talking to me and the call kept going. After another half hour or so i gave up and took a screenshot of the call.

Next, my services are disconnected on the due date however, I continue to get bills emailed every month.

The bills mounted up, I called them every month, every call I was assured the bills would be corrected to a final bill.

Next I receive a letter from a debt collection agency.

I called VM again, and eventually had someone seemingly understanding. He said he would honour my 30 days notice, calculated my final bill to be £61 which I paid over the phone. He said I would receive a final bill for £0 but this never arrived.

Now I am trying to remortgage and have been told that my credit score is not high enough. Shocked, I opened an Experian account and was told that VM  had put a credit default on my name.

I have just been on the phone for 1 hours 14 minutes explaining the situation multiple times, the rep just says, the system says you owe £268.40.

I asked how? She says from previous months, i.e. the months after my services were disconnected.

I was told a manager would call me within 2 hours, that was 3 hours ago!!!

I am seriously thinking about legal action against VM because their absolutely ridiculous customer services are now costing me many hundreds of pounds every month due to inflated mortgage repayments.

I welcome any VM billing expert to contact me to sort this mess out and inform Experian that it was VM's error.

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RBL67 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that this has happened and thank you again for posting. I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

RBL67
Tuning in

No PM yet? 🤔

Hi @RBL67,

My colleague sent you a private message a few moments after their above post. Can you double-check your private message inbox? It's definitely there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!