cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting address

mmartin72
Tuning in

I need to correct an address mismatch between my Virgin and O2 accounts, as this seems to prevent O2 from recognising Volt eligibility. The virgin account includes a flat number, which is odd as the property is a single dwelling (the O2 address finder doesn’t offer any flat numbers for the property). Is there a way to amend the address?

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mmartin72 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear of the issues with getting your VOLT benefits due to the address difference. 
We get the address information from Royal Mail. Was the property flats previously that have no been converted and has not been update at Royal Mail yet or are there still flats that are owned by a single owner?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mmartin72 

To check the address with Royal Mail, and get it amended there if necessary go to

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

As far as we know, the property has never been flats. Both Royal Mail and O2 only recognise a single property at the address - it only seems to be Virgin who have multiple flats.

Thanks for coming back to us @mmartin72 

If you were to enter your address into the Royal Mail postcode checker, does it show flats or a single property? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Royal Mail shows a single property.

We will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.