cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period - new contract?!?

MattL3
Tuning in

Hi

I looked to upgrade a service, VM did do it so I used the 14-day cooling off period to cancel it.  

VM told me the 'Cooling-off Period' was something they didnt know about and locked me into a new 24-months contract to not change my package...... I have challenged them but they have basically told me 'that is just the way it is'.

Anyone had this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mat don't give up mate. It's worth fighting with them as Virgin media are horrible company trying forcing they customers to unfair new contracts. For them any upgrades like broadband speed are renewed and extended contract. Do not never agree with their practice. And you can always open complaint and also referred to financial ombudsman service 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure what you mean by "VM did do it", but I would be inclined to use a D-SAR to ask for a copy of the call recording where they deny your statutory 14days cooling off. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq 

In the meantime, callback and speak to someone else who gives the correct answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Matt do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MattL3,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there appears to be some kind of complication with a package change. Would you mine elaborating on what has happened exactly and what's been advised? We'll then be able to assist further in getting your concerns addressed and resolved.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It was typo. They didn’t upgrade my speed.

i have spoken to the and they have told me I have to have the extra six months on my contract.

it was well within the 14-days

I will indeed, thank you

Hi

all on my notes. I’m tired of explaining it.  I rejected some compensation because it was pathetic, so they halved the offer of compensation 

Hello @MattL3 

Thanks for coming back to us. If you've upgraded then cancelled, you'd have been placed back onto the old agreement pre the upgrade.

I'll PM you now to discuss the specifics.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Mat don't give up mate. It's worth fighting with them as Virgin media are horrible company trying forcing they customers to unfair new contracts. For them any upgrades like broadband speed are renewed and extended contract. Do not never agree with their practice. And you can always open complaint and also referred to financial ombudsman service 

I was not placed back on my old contract, so I’m either lying or VM did not place me back on my old contract and try to put the price up on me?