cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Extension Offer

wirerob
Joining in

My 18 month contract runs out in May and I keep getting emails from Virgin regarding an extension offer - but when clicking the recontract  link I just get an Oops somethings gone wrong message - Also notice the TNT sports is not included message at bottom as well which was a key driver in me moving from Sky to Virgin for tv package.

Can anyone clarify what Virgin are actually offering as an incentive to commit existing customers to another18 month contract as the last 4 emails have all bad links 

wirerob_0-1711274788644.png

wirerob_1-1711274852925.png

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi wirerob 

I have the same "Oops" problem with my account and recontracting. These online offers aren't available to the phoneline or messenger service agents, however they do have other discount offers available.

You should either call 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy, or you can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours. 

I suggest the phone method and selecting option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

And be very careful that they don't sign you up to a new contract that you don't want, like this victim:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/New-contract-without-my-permission/...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @wirerob, and I'm sorry to hear of the links not working for you as planned.

Do please follow the advice offered and feel free to keep us updated.

If you face any issues with the contract or billing moving forward, we'll be on hand to assist where possible.

Thanks,

David_Bn