cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change contract in app

obanite89
Dialled in

Can anyone tell me if I upgrade my broadband speed via the app will it affect my bill, I have discounts on my contract would I lose them like it was if you done it by phone years ago.It tells me how much and it's minimal but I don't want to mess up.

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey obanite98, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

This could affect your discounts but it will certainty affected your bill. 

When you click the upgrade it should give you a final price is it not doing this?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

obanite89
Dialled in

Can anyone help with this, I don't want my bill to shoot up to the original price.

Hello @obanite89 

Thanks for posting. If upgrading, you'll be shown the upgraded price, which will be the new price you'll pay when the upgrade goes through.

The only way it won't change, is if the upgrade is the same cost as you're paying now.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you, it does show an upgraded price but I wasn't so sure.Being a customer for over twenty years I was always told if you change the package you will lose any discount but everything seems to be changing now.I can't get through on the phone anymore. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

Hi obanite89,

You are very welcome, apologies again for any inconvenience caused by not being able to speak to us on the phone, if you do need any further help moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.