cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Package

lukeburroughs
Joining in

I am unable to change my package online. Currently on Volt Gig Fibre, my contract has finished and currently paying £69 and I'm looking to sign up for Gig1 Fibre Broadband £39 a month with Stream box with £35 one off payment. Any help is appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@Sabrina_B wrote:

Hi @lukeburroughs👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, I understand that you wish to change your package from TV360 to Stream, I am afraid this would not be possible. You can upgrade or downgrade your package, but you would not be able to change the source of your TV as an existing customer. 

I do apologise.

Sabrina

Yes you can. I did it a while ago when first launched as was getting little value of a "fixed" location set top box due to its requirement of coax going into it whereas Stream worked off WiFi and could be used upstairs where I'd get more value. You have to go through retentions though and customer said end of contract. There is normally one month notice on legacy TV before you can take the Stream though. It's either that or lose another customer to Sky Stream potentially....Their contract has ended, the customer does not have to accept the legacy TV service going forward and quite frankly, VM should be more helpful instead of putting up walls they can't mandate. The customer can walk off from all services at this point if they chose to. Nothing is tying them in anymore from a contractual perspective.

Customers still in contract, then the answer stands as that can be mandated as part of the original contract.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

carl_pearce
Community elder

Sounds like a new customer deal, which you cannot apply for unless you are not a customer for at least three months.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lukeburroughs 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, I understand that you wish to change your package from TV360 to Stream, I am afraid this would not be possible. You can upgrade or downgrade your package, but you would not be able to change the source of your TV as an existing customer. 

I do apologise.

Sabrina

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@Sabrina_B wrote:

Hi @lukeburroughs👋.

I do apologise.

Sabrina

Yes you can. I did it a while ago when first launched as was getting little value of a "fixed" location set top box due to its requirement of coax going into it whereas Stream worked off WiFi and could be used upstairs where I'd get more value. You have to go through retentions though and customer said end of contract. There is normally one month notice on legacy TV before you can take the Stream though. It's either that or lose another customer to Sky Stream potentially....Their contract has ended, the customer does not have to accept the legacy TV service going forward and quite frankly, VM should be more helpful instead of putting up walls they can't mandate. The customer can walk off from all services at this point if they chose to. Nothing is tying them in anymore from a contractual perspective.

Customers still in contract, then the answer stands as that can be mandated as part of the original contract.

I cant see why I cant change to the Broadband I want since I have finished my previous 18month contract. There is no information on it being a new customer deal. What could I possible upgrade or downgrade to? What are my options? 

I cant see why I cant change to the Broadband I want since I have finished my previous 18month contract. There is no information on it being a new customer deal. What could I possible upgrade or downgrade to? What are my options? 

@lukeburroughs wrote:

@lukeburroughs wrote:

Realistically, the only way you will get anywhere here is to call VM and cancel. Cancel completely, you are outside of the minimum period and hence aren’t subject to any early disconnection fees and only need to give the required 30 days’ notice.

And this is where it all becomes a bit of a gamble, probably if you do this then VM will contact you and be more prepared to bend over backwards to give you a more suitable contract. But they may not, they may call your bluff and simply let you leave and cut you off.

So, before going down this route, you do need to have done a degree of due diligence, what alternative providers are available to you, what can they offer, is that acceptable to you, if VM cut you off, are you prepared to sign up with A.N.Other supplier?

Hi there @lukeburroughs Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with re-contracting. 😢
I will assist you on this matter and look in to what has happened. 🧾

I will send over a private message for more information.

Kind regards,
Ilyas

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@FlockWallpaper wrote:

@lukeburroughs wrote:

Realistically, the only way you will get anywhere here is to call VM and cancel. Cancel completely, you are outside of the minimum period and hence aren’t subject to any early disconnection fees and only need to give the required 30 days’ notice.

And this is where it all becomes a bit of a gamble, probably if you do this then VM will contact you and be more prepared to bend over backwards to give you a more suitable contract. But they may not, they may call your bluff and simply let you leave and cut you off.

So, before going down this route, you do need to have done a degree of due diligence, what alternative providers are available to you, what can they offer, is that acceptable to you, if VM cut you off, are you prepared to sign up with A.N.Other supplier?

Just to back up the bit about call backs from VM.

I cancelled due to ridiculous pricing of £75.07 for 500mbps Broadband Only (not because of service issues) and have NOT received a call back, despite being a customer since 2007. Now, this is going to hurt VM in terms of lost revenue from my account and other members of my family and friends (who have even more suppliers in their area and I advise technically who to go with based on number of factors, and setup their kit).

So, be prepared to walk the walk if need be, and not just talk the talk. VM do not have to call anyone back; its not a right. I did my homework and have another supplier, just seeing out the notice period now 🙂