cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling broadband, TV and phone package out of contract

KirstenAH
Tuning in

Hello, I wonder if you can help me! I have been trying to cancel my broadband, TV and phone service all day and have not been successful. I tried the phone and was cut off several times, then told the person couldn't transfer me to the cancellation team. When I asked to speak with their supervisor I was told they would never be available, then when I was asked to speak to the complaints team I was told Virgin Media didn't have a complaints department - something that is actually fraudulent information as it has a dedicated section on the Virgin Media website. I advised them that I had a hidden disability as advocated in the accessibility section of the website - I have a rare heart condition that is induced by stress giving me a high risk of cardiac arrest - to no avail. The customer service team ignored the information and continued to aggressively ask for GDPR information that is completely unnecessary for cancelling the services. I then tried the web chat and have been on hold currently for 4 hours. This is really not good enough and raises a number off issues with Ofcom and Trading standards, as well as breaking Virgin Media's own code of conduct. Please can you help me get the service cancelled? I am really concerned that the aggressive tactics of Virgin Media, actively avoiding booking a cancellation, could literally be the death of me! Something I never foresaw when I signed up for the services in good faith back in 2002! If someone can help me with the cancellation to avoid triggering my heart condition symptoms any more than they have been, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM staff member will get to your post in a day or two. Just to clarify some points, you are never "out of contract". If you were on a 12/18/24 month contract when this end you are automatically put on a 30 day rolling contract. With this you still have to give 30 days notice.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor for clarifying the contract situation and replying - much appreciated. I was going on the info they sent me to sign up for another contract, as in renew the expired one. I can accept 30 days' notice if they allow me to actually give them notice. The way they were blocking me from doing that is concerning.

KirstenAH
Tuning in

NB I didn't see the auto correct mistake and can't go back in to edit so I'm updating here. The third sentence should read: When I asked to speak with their supervisor I was told they 'would never be available', then when I asked to speak to the complaints team I was told 'Virgin Media doesn't have a complaints department' - something that is actually fraudulent and misleading information as it has a dedicated section on the Virgin Media website.

Hey KirstenAH, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this, we can help with the cancelltions,

Let me send you a PM now.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I have sent KirstenAH, a DM so we can look into this 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?