cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled not cancelled

shanbolic
Tuning in

I cancelled my Virgin account on Nov 7th. after moving to a new provider. My contract had reached its end I was automatically moved to a contract more than double the price and compelled to pay £81 for Dec. Huge increase. Then after being told my account WAS cancelled but that I would have to pay Dec. I was billed for £31 on a new contract in Jan. A contract I had never asked for and did not want. The msg conversation I had to confirm my cancellation request has a button option to get a copy of the live chat. I 100% clicked it to get a record and to confirm my interaction with Virgin but it was never sent. Had I not taken a couple of screenshots I would have no record of a response from Virgin. No email no record of any conversation or acknowledgement, but somehow my phone number did get moved to my new provider in Nov. And I did get a phone call asking why I was moving and could they offer me a better package. I said thank you but no thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @shanbolic.

As per the advice offered from my colleague, do please direct any further issues or concerns on this matter to the agent who is working with you via our private messaging function.

Thanks.

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

shanbolic
Tuning in

Same here 

Cancelled my Virgin account on Nov 7th. after moving to a new provider. My contract had reached its end I was automatically moved to a contract more than double the price and compelled to pay £81 for Dec. Huge increase . Then after being told my account was terminated. I was billed for £31 on a new contract in Jan. A contract I had never asked for and did not want. The msg conversation I requested to confirm my interaction with Virgin was not sent despite my asking and had I not taken a couple of screenshots I would have no record or response from Virgin. No email no record of this conversation or acknowledgement but somehow my phone number did get moved to my new provider in Nov. Hope you get your issue resolved. I did report this to of com.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shanbolic wrote:

My contract had reached its end I was automatically moved to a contract more than double the price

Your minimum term had reached its end, your rolling 30day notice contract continued - but without the benefit of a >50% time-limited discount which was very likely highlighted as such as on your contract and each monthly bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @shanbolic 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are also facing this issue and thank you again for posting. 

I would be happy to take a closer look into this with  you via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey shanbolic,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account and it being cancelled, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Sorry shanbolic, I can actually see that you're in conversation with one of my colleagues already, so I will leave you in their capable hands. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, my contract had ended, and yes I should have checked the end of the contract date. My fault. That's not really what my complaint was about. That was just part of the reason for leaving (Lack of customer care for longstanding customers) I was with Virgin for decades. My concern was that Virgin failed to cancel my contract despite my "cancelling" and asking for confirmation. They failed to send me a record on my live chat but did phone me to see if they could offer a better deal, and they cancelled my landline. So I had every reason to believe I had left Virgin and I assumed my account was terminated. I found out it was not when they debited my bank account. Then looking at my bills I saw I was still with Virgin and on a new contract, one where changes had been made but the account was active, an account  I had not asked for but was being billed for. I have since been on the phone with Virgin They have finally cancelled my account. But I still have issues regarding my last two bills  

Thanks for coming back to us @shanbolic.

As per the advice offered from my colleague, do please direct any further issues or concerns on this matter to the agent who is working with you via our private messaging function.

Thanks.

David_Bn