cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't submit a formal complaint because my account is disconnnected!

jemimacholzer
Joining in

Virgin media are saying I owe an outstanding payment of £105.57 which is completely ridiculous but i have no was to dispute this because it won't let me submit a complaint via web form because my account is disconnected! 

We signed up for an 18 month contract from 2nd August 2022 - 1st February 2024. Our monthly payments were for this contract were £27. On Friday, 3 November our wifi stopped working and I received a text message saying that there was a Wifi outage affecting us (F011028319). On 13 November, I received a text message saying the wifi was fixed - but our connection was still not working.

I called Virgin Media, who said our account had been shut down due to a bill not being paid. The last correct bill date of £27 in our account was 31st October - on 3rd November our account was credited £4.51 for no apparent reason. In addition, I was asked by Virgin Media if I knew anyone by the name of ‘Antonio.’ The person I spoke to accepted this must have been a technical error, he reactivated our account, and said he would call me on Monday to check we were put on the right pricing tier & to request compensation, but this call never happened.

During this time, I received a delivery with a new wifi box. The name on the box was Antonio Montoro. I found out Antonio Montoro was our neighbour around the corner, he told me that when he first contacted Virgin Media, they at first could not find his address - they must have put the wrong address in. He contacted Virgin Media to get them to deliver the box to his correct address.

We called Virgin media again (still had no wifi), who asked if we moved out and again said the disconnection was due to non-payment. On this occasion, we spoke to someone that said they would reconnect the Wifi.

The wifi was re-connected on 13th November, in total we were without wifi for 10 days. As per Ofcom regulations we are entitled to £9.33 for each day that wifi is not fixed which meant the total compensation owed to us is £93.30 (we never received this). On 17th December, the wifi stopped working again. However, when we connected one of the new boxes the wifi started working. On 12th January, the Wifi was disconnected due to non-payment and we have been without wifi ever since.

The last bill we paid was £27 on 31 October. As per our contract, we should have had three more months at £27 for month up to 30th November, 31st December, and 31st January. This total would be £81. Given we are owed £93.30 in compensation, there should be no outstanding payment owed. Technically, given we have been without Wifi from 12th January we should be entitled to even more compensation!! Our wifi stopped working on 3 November, was reconnected on 13th November, but since 17th December has never been working which is a breach of contract that was never instigated by us. If you look at previous payments they were paid on time every single month in full until Virgin Media error caused this whole scenario

The outstanding payment due is incorrect and due to the fault of Virgin Media, not myself. This whole situation has caused us a lot of stress, and throughout this whole situation we have been hung up on multiple times - unable to speak to a single person that actually was able to listen to us enough to understand and resolve the situation

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jemimacholzer,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have received notifications around arears you are not aware of, we appreciate this has caused you a lot of worry and inconvenience trying to get some answer, I would like to invite yo into a private chat so I can do all I can to help you get to the bottom of this, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.