cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register: Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one.

Andre827
Tuning in

I can't use any password, I've tried 5 all are giving me the same error, can someone fix this problem?
Error: Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 113812.png

Don't bother about the shown password I will use other when the page starts working.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I figured out the problem was the email I used, Virgin doesn't support emails with the addition sign, as I explained in the previous message.
Thanks,
Andre

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Andre827,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account registration.

Please could you try to create your account using incognito mode within your browser and let us know if that helps at all, if not, we can get this looked into further from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, thanks for answering to my problem, but no it didn't help I still having problems with any password I try:

Andre827_0-1711380883321.png

But I found the problem myself, I was using my email like this
<email>+virginmedia@gmail.com where the <email> was my real email, but looks like the identity provider you guys are using do not support this email feature I mean the plus sign after the email address, this is used to tag your email so you can keep track if your email is leaked by some provider.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Andre827, have you been able to now setup a password and access your account? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Slamdunky
Joining in

Despite being a Virgin Media customer for many years I too find that I am unable to log into My Virgin Media - oauth.virginmedia.com - refuses to load. I am going round in circles and rapidly losing the will to live. This is driving me crackers and any help to resolve this will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Duncan

Hi Slamdunky,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see have been unable to log into your Online account, have you tried clearing all Cache and Data from your Browser and trying again?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, I figured out the problem was the email I used, Virgin doesn't support emails with the addition sign, as I explained in the previous message.
Thanks,
Andre