cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband only M125 bill increasing by 180%?

Pennine_Lad
Joining in

Hi folks

My broadband only M125 a/c is increasing from £20 to ca. £56 as contract expires.
18 months back had queried over £50 and just by asking dropped to £19 with a requested speed decrease from M250.
Current new user M125 deal is £24 a month.
As a long term customer from NTL days this is galling paying well above new deal prices unless renegotiate.
Rather than play again what gather has been dubbed the 'retentions game' what is to stop me just renewing contract every 18 months to get the best deal but would I lose my long term ntlworld email a/c's by doing this which would be a lot of hassle.

Thanks for any insights.
David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David 👋

Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear this feedback about your experience trying to change package as a long-time customer. 

You can usually view some available deals online via your My VM account 👉 virg.in/myVM . Whilst we do have some deals which are exclusive to new customers (all of our customers benefit from one of these when first joining us) - there should still be some great deals available for you to access. 

I appreciate you taking the time to raise this feedback and so will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can also have this raised on your account in the form of a complaint. We can then also discuss what you would be looking for as a resolution. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David 👋

Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear this feedback about your experience trying to change package as a long-time customer. 

You can usually view some available deals online via your My VM account 👉 virg.in/myVM . Whilst we do have some deals which are exclusive to new customers (all of our customers benefit from one of these when first joining us) - there should still be some great deals available for you to access. 

I appreciate you taking the time to raise this feedback and so will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can also have this raised on your account in the form of a complaint. We can then also discuss what you would be looking for as a resolution. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

A big thanks to Molly. A new deal sorted in a friendly professional way.

David

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to update the public thread. 

Thanks to Pennine_Lad for Pming with me. I was able to confirm all the details needed to raise a complaint and offer support with this. Apologies again for your experience with us and for any difficulties trying to change package!

We were able to find a resolution they were happy with and this has now been processed, with the complaint being closed as resolved. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding whilst we were able to get things sorted. Glad to see it all resolved for you! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly