cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Complaint

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

Hello,

I have tried web chat and also phoning but no joy due to robots and automation. The pesky robots on web chat almost cancelled my whole package! Anyway I am complaining due to recently having a price rise from 37 to 49 for my broadband and line. Then this month a so called promotional item ends and I am now paying a draconian 76 a month for my broadband/line package! This is an obscene amount for broadband and line. Please can a moderator contact me so this can be addressed? When I signed with Virgin about a year ago I took an O2 sim which I didn't really need and I feel I have been mislead. I am paying almost double what I did a year ago and I also have the O2 sim I pay for ontop of this. 

Thanks,

Wayne

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

If your contract has just finished you'll be on a rolling monthly 'contract' at a 'no longer a new customer' price.

So, not really a complaint as it's expected to increase when no longer in contract.

You can contact VM to see if you can sign up to a new contract, however, you can't expect it to be the same price as previous.

However 76 a month for broadband seems ridiculous when compared to competitors. For line and 1 gig broadband. I don’t even get any TV! would still like a moderator to contact me on this as I feel this is draconian 

Thanks

Hi @Scottyboy99 

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

We're always more than happy to review your package and offer you a deal that suits your needs and budget. 

It's not something we can assist with via the Forums but if you do call our team on 0345 454 1111 they will be able to help you further with this. 

Let us know how you get on!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha

thanks but problem with that number is it cut me off as I went through billing area saying do it all online. I want to speak to someone .

all too automated I’m afraid

thanks, Wayne 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Wayne,

the best method and time to contact VM is to call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

When calling don't select billing, you should choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed, or couold you drop it down to a lower speed? 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the advice. I was tearing my hair out dealing with bots earlier 

Mum1212
Dialled in

Wow. That is terrible. Starling is cheaper.. First - you rules regarding price hikes, where customers can leave the contract, were changed so now you are stuck with the price rise. Your best bet is to 'move house'. Tell them you are moving to your parents house, and give that address - so then you have a get out of contract clause that is fee free,