cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill credit after leaving VM

Ayesha11
Tuning in

I have left VM start of May. I returned all Kit and have acknowledgement of this. I was told I am owed £15 credit and have a bill 9 May that reflects that.

I still don't have that £15 credited to me.

For me this is the last final insult from VM after a particular 2 years of overall bad service .

I would  like to know how much longer this will take for a refund.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm afraid I challenge this explanation and characterisation of Virgin's refunds. 

I had my service disconnected in March. Received a last bill dated 27th April. It is now 31st May and no refund which is due to me. 

Called today and told that my refund was only generated on 24th May and that it would take 42 days. 42 days!!!!! 

In short a disconnection in March will take until July to refund my overpayment. 

Daylight robbery, sitting on thousands of customer's money accruing interest when we are charged for late payment when we were customers. 

Disgraceful company. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ayesha11, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your cheque refund looked into, I am sorry you felt you had to leave us due to prior poor experiences 😥

Any credits left on the account 30 days after the disconnection date will be refunded via cheque, the process can take up to 45 days from processing to delivery.

In short, you'll receive a refund for your credits 45 days from the date of your disconnection 🤗 

If this timeframe goes by with no cheque, you can come back to us here on the Forums and we will chase it up for you!

I hope this helps explain things, let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Megan_L

I'm afraid I challenge this explanation and characterisation of Virgin's refunds. 

I had my service disconnected in March. Received a last bill dated 27th April. It is now 31st May and no refund which is due to me. 

Called today and told that my refund was only generated on 24th May and that it would take 42 days. 42 days!!!!! 

In short a disconnection in March will take until July to refund my overpayment. 

Daylight robbery, sitting on thousands of customer's money accruing interest when we are charged for late payment when we were customers. 

Disgraceful company. 

AVH
Joining in

They're shocking. Still waiting for mine and I switch supplier in March. 

Snake oil salesmen, the lot of them. 

Hi @AVH, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

Given what you've advised, is there anything at all we can do to help you at this stage?

Regards,
Daniel

lpilek19
Joining in

Good morning,

My disconnection day was 20th November, I've returned the kit recently (Tracking BYM8AD4 Yodel)

Could you please check when the credit refund will be released to me?

Thanks

Lukasz

Hi lpilek19,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have left us, once an account has been closed, any credits sat on the account are sent by cheque around 42 days after the disconnection date.

Regards

Paul.