cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged but not a customer

JoshPocsidio
Joining in

I enquired about virgin media in december about deals regarding wifi and tv but in the end however i decided i would leave it and call back if interested.

Later in the month i get a box sent to me which i didnt request. Was pretty confused when i received it and didnt know what to do with it so i waited for any emails or messages but never got any. 

I also do not have an account made with virgin so i cant even access if ive requested this or even try returning.

Then three months later i get a letter in the post saying i owe virgin media £87.27. Ive called both virgin and BPO however not much has been done about it other than ringing virgin. Im unable to as i dont even have an account or memorable word.

not sure what to do as i have tried everything in the past two months and nothings worked.

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Are you able to elaborate please on what has happened? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Josh did you ever connect up your broadband hub? As far as I know charging only begins upon first connection but I could be wrong. Perhaps the fees are for non return of VM kit? I'm sure the VM forum team can untangle this one for you. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Everything is still in the box. Not even opened.

I hope so, ive tried to contact and its no good.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If a customer is sent a 'Quick Start' kit (with a view to connecting it to some existing VM cabling which is already in the home), then I think VM deems the service to be 'activated' within a few days of delivery confirmation and starts charging after that.

Sounds like an enthusiastic sales agent has either accidentally started the order process or has done so with a view to chalking up another sale in the hope the recipient later changed their mind and decided to go ahead having received the equipment in the post.

Hi @JoshPocsidio 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this issue.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs