cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account locked out VM helpline can't reset

Yearofthegoat
Dialled in

Maybe someone can help on here?

I can't access my VM account (billing etc.) and when I called they said the password needed to be reset. They asked for my email address, which I supplied, they then said that was not the email address of the account holder.  This means they can't (won't) reset my account password.

I have had the same email address for over 20 years with Virgin (ntlworld before them).

Any ideas gratefully received, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Yearofthegoat,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your online account. It's correct that we would need to successfully clear security before we're able to help with any account related queries, even if it's regarding online account access. This is to keep your data safe and secure.

Have you tried resetting the password yourself using the 'Forgot your password' link?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yearofthegoat
Dialled in

Thanks for responding.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear. The email address used to sign in has been changed to a different email address, without my authorisation. Naturally I can't then get any verification requests etc.

How can I get it reverted?

Hi Yearofthegoat,

we can't change a customers username email address without their consent.

The agent was likely referring to the registered contact email address we have.

I'll send you a private message so I can help get this resolved.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide