cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal customer service and installation delay

arkaygee
Joining in

I have a new bundle contract taken out online on 22 March, with a provisional engineer installation date of 3 April. After multiple attempts online and by phone, no-one at VM was able to confirm whether this was going ahead, and I wasted a day waiting in vain for a visit that never happened. Even after spending more time raising a complaint, I am no nearer a resolution.

I previously raised a complaint regarding Virgin Media's customer service levels in August 2022, and I find myself in the exact same position today. Why is this process still riven with inefficiencies, obscurity and uncertainty? What is so difficult about being transparent with customers about what they have signed up to? I now come to dread the process of renewing my contract every 18 months; as a loyal customer of over 30 years I am totally shocked at the decline in customer service levels.

Issues present 2 years ago are still persisting to today, namely:

- Customer Loyalty Penalty; paying more than new customers for similar services, which is not in the spirit of the CMA & Ofcom reports.
- Confused messaging, disappearing deals, obscure pricing, ineffective communications
- Little departmental continuity & disjointed customer experience
- Impenetrable helpline, long & time consuming holds, difficulty getting staff off script to respond to the actual issue
- Tortuous recontracting process, repeated security questions
- Little first line staff empowerment or authority levels making it i<span;>mpossible to resolve simple questions
- Suggesting resolutions that are part of the problem (eg contacting customer service team) demonstrating a complete lack of understanding

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @arkaygee Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the team in relation to the complaint and your package upgrade.
We will look in to this for you and assist on the matter.

I will send a private message. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs