cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About initial setup fee

kelvinkhsum
Joining in

The statement shows an initial setup fee for  £35, but in the promotion, it should be free, how can I apply to waive it?

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to pay it. Installation is free, but there is that setup fee to add all the equipment to the VM systems.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kelvinkhsum 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, It's great to have you back. 

I'm sorry to hear you have faced confusion over your first bill and a big thank you to Tudor for their help so far.

Can I ask if the email regarding your deal shows the exact charge as waived or shows a credit for this amount at all? 

>The following shows in the first bill
----
First month's package: £26.50
Your services were installed on 2 November, so that is the day your charges start. We finalised this bill on 6 November, so your 'First month's package' includes all standard monthly costs from activation up until this bill, through to the remainder of your first calendar month of service.

Other charges & credits: £35.00
As this is your first bill, it may include charges for service installation and activation. These are one-off charges and won't appear next month.

>But in the deal, it mention like this, which do not mention the installation fee:
----
Based on your installation date and new Virgin Media services, we estimate your first bill will be: £53.00*

Your first month's charge will start from when you activate your service on 30th November 2023. You will receive your first bill on 29th December, it will include your first calendar month of service from activation, plus your month in advance.

Thank you for sharing this @kelvinkhsum 

Did the deal you signed with specifically mention that all installation and activation fees would be waived? Did you book online? 

I initially applied it online, but it is not successful, as my landlord still use the same address using VM boardband, then I called many times for customer services, finally redirect me to your sales team, your sales help to to register, and said all installation fee will be waived, I have your Sales name and contact number, I can give you privately thru DM if necessary.

Hi Kelvinkhsum

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know. I'll be more than happy to investigate this further with you. I've dropped you a private message so I can take the details.

Thanks 😊

Beth

Roo11
Tuning in

There is a current promo, which the OP talks about

Free Set Up worth £35
New customers only taking an 18 month contract. Offer ends 30th November 2023. £35 will be applied to first bill. Legal stuff applies see www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff

FREE Setup, included on all bundles. Setup fee usually £35.

So most likely the pre-contract information does not take into account any current promos. 

However the OP's 2nd email says monthly amount is £26.50 and first bill is £53. So looks like 2 months charge and no set up fee.

@kelvinkhsum Looks like no fee, but wait until your bill on 29th Dec and check. Was the free set up mentioned in your order confirmation email, just in case they add it in error.