cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days notice

kmdcfcxo
Joining in

We have been a happy and loyal customer with Virgin Media for over 20 years, we have given our 30 days notice period and was given a date of termination which was February 7th.  My mother has bad medical conditions/mental health so per below is not helping her.

My mother called up on 07/01/24 in which she spoke to someone in order to cancel and give the one month notice period. She was speaking to someone in the wrong department so was then transferred to the cancellation team in which she then repeated the same conversation she had with the previous colleague, they attempted giving her offers in which she had said this was far too expensive almost triple the price we have been offered elsewhere so would like to give the one month notice. They agreed and said it will be terminated on 07/02/24.

The following morning the landline was cut off, my mother was on the phone pretty much all morning being transferred to various different people who had no clue what they was saying and told her it’s her own fault and they’d checked the recordings to say she wanted it terminated then and there. For starters our contract doesn’t end until Feb, I was with my mother at the time of the call and she told them on the phone she was giving her months’ notice now so it all added up. They then apologised to her at the time there was nothing they could do unless she had another 12 month contract & would receive a cheque for anything in credit that we haven’t used to claim back.

After much frustration and discussion (I believe she was on the phone 4 hrs) she finally got through to someone who told her it will be fine we will be back up and running within the next 24 hours, but the termination date is now 08/02/24. She wasn’t too bothered because we need the active phoneline in order to transfer the same phone number because we have calls from various healthcare providers come to us on that number. (I still don’t believe that to be right in my opinion as it is not her fault).

On 09/01/24 our WiFi and TV went down and this morning she has been back on the phone for a few hours again saying it will be another 48hrs and our termination date is now 11/02/24.

I posted the above on 09/01/24. Spoke to Live Chat whom said we would get this sorted for us asap as they confirmed it is their fault and they’d terminated within 24hrs instead of 30 days as per the conversation. Sheryl was really good and managed to get the TV & Wifi back up and running the next day. We are still struggling with the phone line I had spoken with @Daniel_ET on Wednesday who was sending over an engineer, the engineer arrived 11/01/24 (AM) to then tell my mother that he can’t do anything and to call back up. My mother was on the phone again for another 45 minutes was promised another engineer call-out within the next 4 hours because it isn’t something the technical department can do! 3pm came she had no response, she was then on phone again for another 30-45mins in which they tried to get her back onto another 12 month contract – which is not needed… Finally they told her an engineer will be with her for 7pm. 7pm came around – engineer was still no-where to be found, time is pressing on we’ve been without a phone line for a week now… Please advise!!

I've just been told yet again my mother has been on the phone another good hour this afternoon, praying and hoping that this engineer turns up... said tomorrow between 12-3 & she was also told on the phone the below

"They told me I wasn't down for leaving and was being expected to charge £60 on top of the bill" - which has now been removed. So hope this is the case when it is not our fault!

Level of service is horrendous over the phone nobody knows what they're doing and I will be looking at her bills when we finally leave, will be actioned further if not correct.

2 REPLIES 2

kmdcfcxo
Joining in

In addition to all of this she’s now had an email which is a Welcome to Virgin Media ? Showing next bills which is fine, I’ve worked that out correctly but seeing as we’ve had no phone lines for a week shouldn’t we be discounted? The woman has added a credit to make it match our usual rates, but it’s trying to say we’re now in a bundle for £19 a month? I’ve told her that’s more than likely them adding the phone line! Remove this now…. & the £60 charge is still on the email the lady my mother spoke to says she’ll have to speak to a manager first to get this removed as this fault is due to your incompetence of terminating before the 30days not us! I’ll be going to the finance ombudsman 

Hi @kmdcfcxo 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing. I can see that a member of the forum team is already supporting you on this issue via private message. 

We ask that you do not create multiple threads on the same issue so we and the community members are able to support you more clearly and quicker when regarding the same issue in one space. 

The community forums is not instant messages and as such it may take a few days for the team to respond to you. Should you have any further questions, please direct to your already opened private message and thread and the agent will support you from there. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley