cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% off email, contract signed. Still being charged old price.

CDR
Tuning in

Am I missing something?   Are they just playing word games?

I have the contract in front of me, and it states the following:

Main services total£56*
Current monthly price after your 18 month contract£76*
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm assuming that 20% off refers to a comparison with your current rolling contract that is shortly exiting its minimum term, and thus losing time-limited discounts.

You're then being offered a £76/month package that has a £20/month (~26%) time-limited discount.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I feel we need a little more context here. What are your minimum term dates? What is this "20% off email" mentioned in your subject line?

On the face of it, you have a £76/month package with a time-limited £20/month discount.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CDR, thank you for your post and apologies for any confusion caused 😔

If you could please answer the questions asked by @japitts, that'd be much appreciated.

Once we have a bit more context, we'll do our best to help you.

Regards,
Daniel

In May I received an email stating that I could renew my contract (broadband and landline) and have 20% off, (I am unable to find the email currently). So I clicked the link and signed up. This is what it says on the contract that was emailed to me:

Minimum contract length:
18 months

One off charges: £0.00
Upfront payment: £0.00

Initial monthly cost:
£56.00*

Your initial monthly service cost is £56.00*
Your first bill will also include: £0.00 for One off charges plus a £0.00 Upfront payment

Your monthly service cost from month 19 is currently £76.00*

* Monthly price of Virgin Media's main services will increase each April by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%.
Doesn't apply to any add-ons you may have selected, out-of-bundle charges or admin costs, which may increase separately. For further details, please see the
section titled "Other relevant information" on the Contract information sheet.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm assuming that 20% off refers to a comparison with your current rolling contract that is shortly exiting its minimum term, and thus losing time-limited discounts.

You're then being offered a £76/month package that has a £20/month (~26%) time-limited discount.